Saturday, October 29, 2011

It has been such a good day!

I have had such a good day!  I have been so miserably sick for several weeks with Baby Levengood #2, so you can imagine how thrilled I am to have a normal day!  Ellie was in a great mood when she got up, which is always a blessing.  We had to go to the car dealership to get some work done on our Highlander and we ended up with a loaner so they can do the repairs on Monday.  I have to admit that I like the way a Corolla drives!  I feel like I can zip around and whip into parking spots without worrying about how much space there is...that's probably not a good thing for everyone around me!
Anyway, after Billy went to work I laid Ellie down for her nap and she slept for 2 1/2 hours...a much needed break for this Mommy!  She woke up a little grouchy and didn't seem satisfied with being in the house so I decided to take her to the park.  It was a little chilly (55 degrees) but we had a great time on the seesaw, swings, and slide.  I just love to hear her belly laugh as she swings high in the air and I try to grab her feet!  We stayed at the park for about 30 minutes before we were both frozen and hungry.  When we got home I turned on some music and we danced around the living room like I used to do with my sisters and my parents...it brought back some great memories and I enjoyed making memories of our own.  She is so stinking cute when she dances, bending those little knees and bobbing up and down as her hands flail in the air!  I caught a glimpse of us in the mirror and thought how blessed I am to be holding my little girl and carrying our second baby...God has been so good to us!  I can't think of anything better than being a mommy to Ellie and baby #2 and a wife to Billy. 
Here are some cute things that Ellie has done recently that I think are just to funny...she loves to wear socks on her hands.  She will bring two "ock"s up to me and hold her hands out for me to slip them on.  Then she prances around the house holding her hands up in the air and trying to grab things.  She also got tired of carrying her milk around this evening so she set it on the floor and bent down to take a drink from it without using her hands!  Lazy bones! 
For those of you who are wondering about the title of the blog, every time Billy and I put Ellie in her crib we say, "Mommy, Daddy and Jesus love you!"  I never want her to have to wonder if she is loved, and not just by us, but by Jesus, the One who loves her more than I can even fathom! 
Here's a picture of Ellie with her socks on her hands.  It's not a very good one, but I couldn't get her to sit still for very long and my phone doesn't do well with moving targets!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea, Jodi! You can record your memories and keep us all updated!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up on your blogging! You will love looking back and reading and remembering this later on! Plus, they have places that can print out your blog for you in a book so you can have a memory book like a journal : ) Ellie is super cute!

    ReplyDelete